Whisked is a wholesale and online bakery based in Capitol Heights, MD that sells bakery-style cookies and pies to grocery stores, specialty stores, and online. Whisked! was founded in 2011 at a DC-area farmers market, and quickly became a local hit. Now Whisked cookies and pies are carried in more than 200 stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and are shipped across the country. We have plans to expand, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
Assistant Production Manager
Whisked! seeks a Production Assistant Manager to join our busy production team. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for running production days, including generate prep lists, assigning work tasks, ensuring tasks are completed, directing employees on shift, quality control, inventory management, and ordering. We are looking for candidates with high-volume production experience and/or manufacturing experience, and Spanish language skills. Pay is DOE.
- Run production shifts, including assigning labor needs for workload, ensuring production tasks are completed, and directing bakery employees;
- Ensuring quality control for all products;
- Ordering and maintaining all bakery supplies;
- Maintaining equipment
- Responsible for maintaining safe working environment and implementing safe work practices;
- Ensuring that the kitchen is clean, neat, and organized;
- Ensure that kitchen and staff are abiding by health codes;
- Handle company property, equipment, and assets with care and responsibility; and
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
- 2+ years of high volume pastry production experience
- Management experience a plus
- Hardworking, efficient, detail-oriented, learns quickly, able to do repetitive tasks for long periods, able to think ahead.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). College is preferred.
- Able to use online tools including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google docs and apps as well as other online organizational tools.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Some Spanish language skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are a good fit for the position. Pay is DOE.