Whisked is a wholesale and online bakery based in Capitol Heights, MD that sells bakery-style cookies and pies to grocery stores, specialty stores, and online. Whisked! was founded in 2011 at a DC-area farmers market, and quickly became a local hit. Now Whisked cookies and pies are carried in more than 200 stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and are shipped across the country. We have plans to expand, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
DMV Sales and Customer Service Associate
Whisked by Jenna is hiring a Customer Service and Sales Associate, who will be responsible for client ordering and customer service for clients in DC, MD, and VA. This position will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with stores by visiting stores regularly, performing in-store demos, setting up promos, and providing signage and merchandising as requested. This individual will also be the point of contact for all customer service inquiries for online orders, and all other requests that come to the company via phone, email, facebook, and other platforms.
The purpose of this position is to serve as the main point of contact between Whisked by Jenna and our DMV stores to support sales in the territory. This position is also a frontline contact center representative, providing courteous, knowledgeable service to Whisked by Jenna customers (clients, consumers, and other constituents). The Customer Service and Sales Associate operates in a multichannel environment requiring the ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communication. This position all provides some administrative support to the company, including assisting with check deposits, checking voicemail, and other needs as they arise. The Associate will report to the Business Development Director to meet specific objectives around same store sales growth and client retention.
This position requires 1 partial day in the office in Capitol Heights, MD, but is otherwise a work from home position. This position will require travel to visit clients in the region (DC and the surrounding suburbs, Baltimore, and occasionally to the Richmond/Charlottesville area). The Customer Service and Sales Associate schedule is Sunday-Wednesday, and Friday, with Thursdays and Saturdays off.
Position duties include:
- Provide a positive experience and professional service to Whisked by Jenna customers and constituents, including wholesale, online, and corporate clients.
- Contact wholesale clients on designated ordering days, to ensure that all clients place orders. Call stores that have not placed orders, to remind them of order deadlines.
- Respond promptly to telephone and email contacts and perform timely updates and adjustments to customer service inquiries and accounts
- Utilize consultative selling skills and an in-depth knowledge of Whisked by Jenna products and offerings to increase sales to wholesale clients
- Performing demos at client stores, to support sales. Provide stores with signage and in-store support as requested.
- Periodically check in on wholesale clients via in-person store visits.
- Investigate inquiries thoroughly, apply initiative and creativity in troubleshooting and resolving problems, and report service trends to supervisors and the team.
- Manually create invoices for wholesale clients who do not order through our online platform
- Onboard new wholesale clients into our online ordering system. Manage catalogs and store contacts for established clients. Provide technical support to clients with online ordering.
- Respond to wholesale client requests for credit memos, refunds, or order clarifications.
- Manage the main email inbox, responding to customer service inquiries and forwarding emails to appropriate departments.
- Respond to customer inquiries for corporate orders. Coordinate corporate orders with fulfillment and production teams.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of products, policies, procedures and a wide range of organizational knowledge to provide the best customer service to wholesale and online clients
- Employ best practices and efficient use of the telephone, emails, and other organizational tools to meet established service levels.
- Handle administrative tasks, including managing office supplies, creating check deposits, checking voicemail, and other items as they arise.
Because Whisked by Jenna is a small team, all team members are expected to pitch-in with tasks outside their job description from time to time - from helping package pies during Thanksgiving, to making an emergency delivery in a pinch. Every employee offers their services wherever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
- College Degree
- 2 or more years of sales experience
- 2 or more years experience in customer service
- 1 or more years data entry/order processing experience,
- Experience in food sales or in the food industry
- Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to stay organized in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Ability to re-prioritize tasks depending on changing demands, including holidays, as needed.
- Strong communication skills, including phone, written, and face-to-face
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google office products
- Creative and flexible team member
- Able to work well independently
- Problem solver, who can maximize their resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Independently organize and maintain reference information
- Exercise maturity, judgment, tact, and diplomacy during interaction with customers
- Have a proven track record of reliability
- Possess critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize assignments
Compensation includes a base salary + bonus. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave. Whisked by Jenna is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line "DMV Sales and Customer Service Associate."