Whisked! is a wholesale bakery based in Capitol Heights, MD that sells bakery-style cookies and pies to grocery and specialty stores. Whisked! was founded in 2011 at a DC-area farmers market, and quickly became a local hit. Now our cookies and pies are carried in over 200 stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic. We have plans to expand, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
Philadelphia Area Territory Manager
Farmers Market Manager
Philadelphia Area Territory Manager
Whisked! is seeking a Territory Manager based in the Philadelphia area, who will be responsible for account acquisition, relationship management, market building, and client customer service in PA, NJ, and DE. The manager will be the key point of contact between Whisked! and clients in the area. This includes order management, product demonstrations at partner stores, and representing the brand at community events. The Manager will work closely with the owner and Business Development Manager to meet specific objectives around account acquisition, same store sales growth, and lead development.
Position duties include:
Because we’re a small team, we expect all team members to pitch-in with tasks outside their job description from time to time - from helping package pies during Thanksgiving, to making an emergency delivery in a pinch. Every Whisked! employee offers their services wherever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
- Developing and implementing a sales strategy to expand Whisked! in the Philadelphia market, by acquiring new clients and increasing same store sales
- Developing leads by identifying and pitching potential new clients including grocery stores, institutions, and independent retailers
- Conducting tastings with potential clients and following up on leads
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing accounts, including taking orders, anticipating needs, and working through pain points
- Spending at least 2 days/week in the field developing leads and/or checking in with existing clients
- Taking client orders, offering order suggestions, and resolving client issues
- Closely coordinating with the production and distribution team to ensure that orders are baked and delivered correctly
- Supporting accounts through scheduling and performing demos as needed
- Communicate information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of the brand and sales growth
- Execute advertising initiatives including promotions, retail displays, signage, and merchandising that highlights the brand to the consumer at the point of purchase.
- Representing Whisked! at community events, local trade shows, and outside events.
- Implementing systems to track client contacts and provide better customer service and follow up.
- Track identified metrics (new clients, sales, displays, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
- College Degree
- 4+ Years experience in sales with demonstrated ability to close
- Experience in food sales or in the food industry
- Strong communication skills, including phone, written, and face-to-face
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google office products
- Creative and flexible team member
- Able to work well independently
- Problem solver, who can maximize their resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a car and valid driving license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This position will require some work on nights and weekends.
Compensation includes a base salary + commission rate. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave. Whisked! is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Philadelphia Area Territory Manager."
Farmer's Market Manager
We are looking for an upbeat and engaging cookie lover to manage our stall at various DC Farmer's Markets on the weekends. Responsibilities include arriving early at our warehouse in Northeast DC to load a box van, driving the loaded van to a market site and unloading/setting up the stall, running the market stall, breaking down and reloading the van at market's end, then driving back to the warehouse and unloading. Valid driver’s license required.
Our ideal candidate is:
• A morning person
• Quick on their feet to troubleshoot problems
• Comfortable learning and selling a product with minimal oversight
• Able to lift 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time
• Okay working outside
• Reliable and responsible
• An owner of a smart device to be able to process transactions
• Passionate about food!
Salary: $120 per shift
Shift: 7 am- 3 pm
Perks: Take extra cookies and pies home and trade product with other market vendors (free fresh produce, for example!)
These are fun part-time gigs where you get to meet new people, learn about the food community in DC, and eat cookies! If you are interested in joining our team, email email@example.com with a little information about yourself including why you are interested in our brand and any previous demo, farmer's market, or sales experience.