Whisked! is a wholesale bakery based in Capitol Heights, MD that sells bakery-style cookies and pies to grocery and specialty stores. Whisked! was founded in 2011 at a DC-area farmers market, and quickly became a local hit. Now our cookies and pies are carried in over 200 stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic. We have plans to expand, and are seeking team members who will help shape our company as we move forward. You must be team-oriented, comfortable taking initiative, and able to pitch in wherever help is needed. Most importantly, we want you to be excited about growing with us! Check back frequently for new position openings.
Philadelphia Area Territory Manager
Fulfillment and Delivery Associate
Philadelphia Area Territory Manager
Whisked! is seeking a Territory Manager based in the Philadelphia area, who will be responsible for account acquisition, relationship management, market building, and client customer service in PA, NJ, and DE. The manager will be the key point of contact between Whisked! and clients in the area. This includes order management, product demonstrations at partner stores, and representing the brand at community events. The Manager will work closely with the owner and Business Development Manager to meet specific objectives around account acquisition, same store sales growth, and lead development.
Position duties include:
Because we’re a small team, we expect all team members to pitch-in with tasks outside their job description from time to time - from helping package pies during Thanksgiving, to making an emergency delivery in a pinch. Every Whisked! employee offers their services wherever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
- Developing and implementing a sales strategy to expand Whisked! in the Philadelphia market, by acquiring new clients and increasing same store sales
- Developing leads by identifying and pitching potential new clients including grocery stores, institutions, and independent retailers
- Conducting tastings with potential clients and following up on leads
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing accounts, including taking orders, anticipating needs, and working through pain points
- Spending at least 2 days/week in the field developing leads and/or checking in with existing clients
- Taking client orders, offering order suggestions, and resolving client issues
- Closely coordinating with the production and distribution team to ensure that orders are baked and delivered correctly
- Supporting accounts through scheduling and performing demos as needed
- Communicate information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of the brand and sales growth
- Execute advertising initiatives including promotions, retail displays, signage, and merchandising that highlights the brand to the consumer at the point of purchase.
- Representing Whisked! at community events, local trade shows, and outside events.
- Implementing systems to track client contacts and provide better customer service and follow up.
- Track identified metrics (new clients, sales, displays, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
- College Degree
- 4+ Years experience in sales with demonstrated ability to close
- Experience in food sales or in the food industry
- Strong communication skills, including phone, written, and face-to-face
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google office products
- Creative and flexible team member
- Able to work well independently
- Problem solver, who can maximize their resources
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a car and valid driving license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This position will require some work on nights and weekends.
Compensation includes a base salary + commission rate. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave. Whisked! is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line "Philadelphia Area Territory Manager."
Fulfillment and Delivery Associate
Whisked is currently seeking a Fulfillment and Delivery Associate to join our operations team. The Fulfillment and Delivery associate will assist in our entire fulfillment and distribution process- from packing and staging product into individual client orders, to making deliveries to our wholesale clients, to working our weekend Farmers Market stands. The associate will also assist the Production Team on the packaging line on an as needed basis- packing baked product into its retail packaging, and staging product for client order fulfillment.
This position plays a central role in the success of Whisked operations. In assisting on the packaging line, the associate will ensure that each of the products we produce are packaged, labelled, and dated correctly, and verify daily production numbers. In the fulfillment process, the associate will pack individual client orders and stage those orders for delivery driver routes. The associate will be the last set of eyes on the product before reaching our clients, and will be responsible for ensuring that Whisked standards of product quality, packaging, and order accuracy have been met. As a delivery driver, the associate will deliver product to all types of clients from grocery stores, to coffee shops, to cafeterias, and work one of our four weekend Farmers Market stands each week. Our delivery drivers merchandise at many stores and act as the “on-the-ground” face of the company, playing a vital role in establishing and upkeeping positive relationships with all of our clients and customers.
We are small team, and here at Whisked! we believe that each of us plays a major role in the company’s success. This position provides an opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company, as the role could expand in both responsibility and hours dependent on performance and company sales.
The ideal candidate will be:
Detail Oriented and A Self Starter – You can both follow procedures and develop your own systems to ensure a consistent high degree of accuracy on a daily basis. You stay engaged in repetitive tasks, and consistently take action to fix errors and/or make improvements to operational processes.
A Team player – As a small company, we often find ourselves in positions where plans need to change and people need to step into different roles to keep operations running smoothly. You have the ability to wear many hats, and don’t hesitate to help fellow employees when needed.
Flexible - You work well in different environments- from back-end operations in a production to a customer facing role doing deliveries. You can think ahead, change plans and re-prioritize your tasks and route as unexpected things come up throughout the day. You thrive in a high volume environment during busy times and are willing and able to work until the job is complete.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and manage multiple tasks at once. Experience working in a high volume, fast paced operations role.
- Exemplary communication skills and personable demeanor; experience in a customer facing role.
- Computer skills: proficient in Excel and Google Sheets, aptitude for different sales platforms and softwares.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record; Comfort or willingness to learn to drive a box truck.
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree. College is a plus.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds, engage in repetitive tasks, and able to drive long distances.
Schedule and Compensation:
This is an hourly, full time position at 5 days per week: Monday afternoon/evening (fulfillment), Tuesday morning/afternoon (deliveries), Thursday afternoon/evening (fulfillment), Friday morning/afternoon (deliveries), and one weekend day per week (Farmers Markets). Exact hourly schedule will be determined by the applicants relevant skills and qualifications.
Please note, a more demanding schedule and increased hours should be expected during the Holiday season.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fulfillment and Delivery Associate” in the subject line.