Our furry friends at home become a part of our families. We know that dogs love treats just as much as we do, and sometimes deserve one that’s extra special! But we also know that they cannot enjoy many of the common foods that we as humans eat regularly. (If you're here looking for a human treat, try out our fresh baked cookies and pies!)
For example, dogs should not ingest any chocolate or any caffeine, grapes or raisins, alcohol, garlic, or onions. However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of foods that owners and dogs alike can enjoy together. Here is a list of dog-friendly desserts we’ve compiled to give your pet a special treat.
- Anything including peanut butter - Your pup will gobble these up! Mini peanut butter cakes, cookies, bars, blondies, or biscuits are all great ideas.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Pumpkin flavored cakes and cookies
- Fruit popsicles (blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, bananas, raspberries, etc.) No grapes!
- Apple Bacon Oatmeal cookies - The flavor pairings may seem like a strange dessert to us, but dogs will love the meat and fruit combo!
- Banana pudding
- Sweet Veggies - Baby carrots and crisp green beans can be a great natural sweet treat
- Yogurt with berries
Not up for treats at home? No worries - plenty of popular restaurants offer special menu options for dogs and other pets! For example, pull up to any Starbucks drive-thru and ask for a “Puppacino”. You’ll receive a short cup of their whipped cream for your pup to snack on while you sip your latte! Similarly, Shake Shack loves to serve their canine customers. Their website says the, “special dog menu includes two items: the Pooch-ini®, a peanut butter sundae with dog biscuits, and the Bag O’ Bones, a handful of specially made biscuits from Bocce’s Bakery in NYC.” Finally, other chains such as Dairy Queen, Chick-Fil-A, and Sonic offer a variation of dog treats at many of their drive-thru locations.
At Whisked, we enjoy showing our love to friends, family members, and even pets with a yummy treat. Share the love, and give your furry friend a special gift today!