A vegan diet isn’t necessarily for everyone, but it doesn’t mean that people can’t enjoy a vegan snack or two every once in a while. Finding foods that exclude animal products may seem hard, but it’s easier than you think, and you don’t have to give up all your favorite foods either. Check out below some great three-ingredient, vegan snacks that are sure to put a smile on your face and make you feel like a kid again. Plus, don’t forget to check out Whisked’s full line of vegan cookies for a sweet treat.
Ants On A Log
Ants on a log is a great, fun, kid-friendly snack that satisfies your hunger, but most importantly is vegan! The recipe is simple and only requires three ingredients: peanut butter, celery, and raisins. This cute treat can be made and enjoyed by people of all ages, and it only takes two minutes.
- Wash and cut celery
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter in each crevice of your celery sticks
- Place a few raisins in the peanut butter
- Snap some pics and enjoy!
Similar to the “ants on a log,” apple nachos is a fun, three-ingredient snack that takes minimal prep time. This snack is perfect for after school when everyone is super hungry after a long day of learning. This recipe requires apples, peanut butter, and granola, but again the steps are simple.
- Melt ¼ cup of peanut butter in the microwave (usually 45 seconds to 1 minute)
- Slice apples into wedges and arrange them on your plate
- Drizzle melted peanut butter over the arranged apple slices (feel free to get creative and make some designs)
- Sprinkle granola over the melted peanut butter (if you have a sweet tooth, you can also add chocolate chips on top of your peanut butter)
- Enjoy and devour your apple nachos
English Muffin Pizzas
One final three-ingredient, vegan snack that is scrumptious and easy to make is English muffin pizzas. For this recipe, you will need English muffins, tomato sauce, and dairy-free cheese. If you like other toppings on your pizza, such as peppers or onions, feel free to throw those on top as well. This snack is sure to satisfy your pizza craving, while also staying true to its vegan roots.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Open and arrange english muffins on an oven safe pan
- Place plain english muffins in the oven for 8-10 minutes (or until edges start to look crispy)
- Pull the pan out of the oven, and spread a large spoonful of tomato sauce on top of each english muffin
- Place english muffins with sauce back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes (until sauce is warm)
- Take pan out of the oven and sprinkle dairy-free cheese on top of the sauce (this is when you can also add any other toppings you want)
- The pizzas then go back in the oven one final time for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Finally, remove the pan from the oven, let pizzas cool for 2 minutes, and enjoy!
If all of this is too much work, no sweat. Check out Whisked’s wide selection of vegan cookies for a sweet treat that is sure to satisfy your hunger and vegan habits. They have 5 different vegan options to choose from, and even 2 that can come individually packaged for easy on-the-go convenience. Check them out here, and keep vegan snacking!