Searching for the perfect present for that one person who’s impossible to buy for? Look no further than this list of DC gift recommendations from local artisans. Whether you choose to create a basket overflowing with these items or containing just a few, these local treasures make great gifts for anyone. Select your favorites, add a few fresh Whisked cookie packs to the basket, and you’re ready to go.
1. Candles - FRÈRES BRANCHIAUX - Handmade in DC by 3 young brothers, these vegan candles make a great gift for all as well as the perfect addition for a basket!
2. Flowers - Little Wild Things Farm - This city farm in DC sells certified organic microgreens, shoots, salad blends, and edible flowers.
3. Pickles - Gordy’s Pickle Jar - The salty to our sweet, every jar is handcrafted in their DC kitchen. A unique gift that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
4. Coffee - Compass Coffee - Their 12 oz. tin works perfectly for a gift basket item. Who wouldn’t want to support local with their morning pick-me-up?
5. Trinkets/Mugs - IconsDC - IconsDC features a wide array of products that incorporate DC-themed maps in unique and creative forms. Check out their website to find the perfect DC gift!
6. Skincare Essentials - Best Life Organics - Shadora Martin is a natural skincare formulator who handcrafts every product in small batches using organic and wild-harvested ingredients. She takes pride in helping others embrace their natural beauty through products that bring out the best in our skin. Her products make amazing gifts for friends and family!
7. Bags - Scout Bags - Although Scout is a nationally recognized brand name, its birthplace and HQ are located in Washington DC. As a tribute to its roots, Scout created a DC patterned handbag, with illustrations of the most iconic landmarks. “Highly collectible and highly giftable”
8. Home & Lifestyle items - Salt & Sundry - A DC boutique featuring an eclectic mix of goods from independent makers and designers, both local and from across the globe.